GREENSBORO, N.C., October 10, 2022 – Honda Aircraft Company today announced the addition of a new “Upgrade Package for the HondaJet Elite”. The package offers current HondaJet Elite owners the opportunity to implement Honda Aircraft Company's latest performance and avionics software upgrades on their aircraft.
The Upgrade Package for the HondaJet Elite, presented by the Advanced Performance Modification Group will be available as an upgrade for the HondaJet Elite model. The performance upgrade will increase the maximum takeoff weight by 200 pounds. This significant performance upgrade allows customers to fly up to 120 nautical miles further at a higher payload or take an additional passenger. Additionally, the avionics software upgrade options include installation of FAA Datacom and ACARS, which replace traditional voice commands with text-based messaging to improve the clarity and efficiency of communications. Finally, combined with the newly introduced Advanced Steering Augmentation System (ASAS), not only will the customer experience reduced pilot workload, they will benefit from an increased crosswind operational capability. The Upgrade Package expands possibilities with no compromises in baseline efficiency.
“We are thrilled to announce the Upgrade Package to our HondaJet Elite owners,” said Honda Aircraft Company Head of Commercial Business Unit and VP of Customer Service, Amod Kelkar. “This upgrade package is another testament of our continued efforts in Customer Service to provide upgrade options to our ever-growing fleet. We remain committed to setting a new standard in business aviation by advancing innovative design and engineering solutions to our existing customer base.”
The Upgrade Package will be available for installation at Honda Aircraft Company’s Authorized Service Centers around the globe, beginning in the U.S. later this year. For more information, contact a local HondaJet Authorized Service Center.
About Advanced Performance Modification Group
Honda Aircraft Company’s Advanced Performance Modification Group engineers upgrades, enabling existing HondaJet owners to enhance their current aircraft with several new performance and software features.
Upgrade Features of the HondaJet Elite S Upgrade Package
- Increased Maximum Takeoff Weight of 200 Pounds
- Carry additional payload for the same distance, or load more fuel and fly further with the same payload.
- ASAS (Advanced Steering Augmentation System)
- Advanced Steering Augmentation System (ASAS) reduces pilot workload and enhances safety for missions in specific weather conditions.
Avionics Software Upgrades *optional features
- FAA Data Comm
- Functionality intended to replace traditional voice commands with text based messaging for departure clearance and en route services where available in the United States.
- Enables text based messaging with both air traffic services and operation centers. Air traffic services include terminal information, terminal weather, and departure clearance from supported airports. ACARS also provides several functionalities for communicating with operation centers including: flight plan upload, messaging, weather, and automatic transmission of position reporting and Out/Off/On/In status.
- This functionality allows the operator to disable the Datalink Mode of the radio and use it as a 3rd VHF, to increase dispatch reliability. This function will come with selection of FAA Data Comm and ACARS.
About the HondaJet Elite S
The HondaJet Elite S is the fastest, farthest and highest-flying plane in its class. The HondaJet Elite S incorporates Honda Aircraft's many technological innovations, including the unique Over-The-Wing Engine Mount (OTWEM) configuration, Natural Laminar Flow (NLF) nose and wing, and composite fuselage. The aircraft is also powered by the GE Honda Aero Engines HF120. All of these advancements contribute to the aircraft's superior performance, unparalleled efficiency and maximized fuselage space, making the aircraft's cabin the largest in its class. The HondaJet Elite S cabin features a full service galley, an industry first Bongiovi sound system, and a private lavatory. The aircraft sets the standard in safety and human-machine interface technology with an ergonomically designed cockpit and highly customized Garmin® G3000 avionics suite.
Honda Aircraft continues to be committed to improving lives through personal mobility, while living in a sustainable society. The HondaJet Elite S remains significantly more fuel efficient and emits less greenhouse gases than all other similarly sized twin-engine business jets. Certified for single pilot operations, the HondaJet Elite S continues to live up to the company's reputation for superior performance, efficiency, quality, and value.
About Honda Aircraft Company
Honda Aircraft Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Founded in 2006, Honda Aircraft's world headquarters is located in North Carolina, the birthplace of aviation. The challenging spirit upon which Mr. Soichiro Honda founded Honda Motor Co., Ltd. is alive today as Honda Aircraft fulfills one of Honda's longstanding dreams to advance human mobility skyward.